Bayambang Quadricentennial Preparatory Committee Organized
In preparation for the celebration of 400th year Founding Anniversary of Bayambang, a Quadricentennial Preparatory Committee (QPC) has been organized to spearhead its conduct on April 5, 2014.
Appointed by the Hon. Mayor Ricardo M. Camacho to chair such committee is Dr. Henry J. Fernandez, a private medical practitioner. He was the former Director of Lingayen Gulf Coastal Area Management Commission (LGCAMC) and a former Member of the Board of Central Pangasinan Electric Cooperative, Inc. (CENPELCO)
The Committee Chair already initiated an Event Organizing Seminar-Workshop last July in order to orient the various committee chairs and members of the grand event. Regular meetings are being held to determine the sequence of events and finetune the preparations.
In retrospect, Bayambang had been founded on April 5, 1614. It was originally known as “Malunguey” or “Balunguey”. Its former location was west of the current position of the town. As as a settlement, it was included in 1614 as a visita (or a community with a chapel under the supervision of the Dominican Order) based at Binalatongan (now San Carlos City).
By virtue of a Sangguniang Bayan Resolution and upon the recommendation of a Research and Study Committee, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines has affirmed the above date as the official founding of Bayambang.
Proclamation No. 131 issued by the Office of the President of the Philippines on March 24, 2011 has declared every 5th day of April as a Non-Working Day in Bayambang to commemorate such event.
For comments or suggestions: please write or call:
Municipality of Bayambang Pangasinan, Philippines 2423
Office of the Mayor: (075)592-2030 Look for Myla H. Catalan
RIC Center: (63) 906-464-4046, 075-592-5343 Look for Lito Joson